A Niche Website is a small website focused on one particular topic which shares information relevant to the chosen topic. It is important that the information be both useful and interesting to your readers. A niche website can be either a few pages or even up to hundreds of pages, depending upon the size of the niche. Typically The Larger more general niche sites are called Authority sites. IMO, Authority are more work for your time investment. If you don’t feel comfortable outsourcing blog tasks, I would stick to smaller niche sites and focus down on your chosen niche.
1. Identify your interests
A great first step in selecting a niche is to write down a list of your interests and passions. Search each item on this list to find one that does not seem to have a website focusing on it specifically.
Narrow down your niche idea based on finding the answers to the following questions:
- What is the audience size of your niche?
- Is your audience known for spending money for purchasing the niche related products?
- Are there multiple products available which you review on your site?
- Are there affiliate programs that provide decent commissions?
If your niche is something you are genuinely passionate about and you can stay interested in it, not only will you do a better job promoting it, but you might enjoy working on it. No harm in that, right?! Write a list of your Interests or simply browse through sites like Amazon and eBay. Just pick a category and then a sub category, just drill down until you find a niche that you can become the “authority” on.
Do not do what someone else is doing. Now, this isn’t to mean that you must do something completely original. Doing something completely original is a huge step. First you must think of something totally original, then you must take the risk of whether it will succeed. The better approach is to find something that already has a following and make it better.
2. Identify problems in the niche that you can solve.
- Talk with the people in this field, if it is one of your interests, you may have already identified the problem s to solve.
- Answer the most common questions and ask yourself some new ones.
- Browse Forums related to the niche and look for unanswered questions or questions that keep coming up.
Research about 15-20 keywords based around your niche and make sure to based the majority of your site around these keywords. It will help you rank for these keywords when people search for them through Google.
4. Create Valuable Content
Create at least 10 articles of rich, valuable content with approx 1000 words each. Be sure to use your keywords as much as possible, within reason. These articles will form the backbone of your website.
5. Sign up to Sell
Sign up to at least 2 affiliate programs related to your niche. Amazon is usually a great place to start. Then I would check out ClickBank.
6. Build Relationships
Build relationships with other content creators in related niches to yours. After you have established yourself, you can start working on guest blogging opportunities.
Who Should Try This?
How do you know if building a niche website is really for you?
- Do you pick up new hobbies every few months?
- Do you try to learn as much about it as possible?
- Do you go “All In” when learning new things?
- Do you like talking about it to other people?
Niche websites are definitely for you. If all of your hobbies typically revolve around one major topic, then you should generalize yourself a little more and work into becoming an authority site based around one major niche with smaller niches.
Expertise In or Desire to Learn a Specific Topic
When jumping into a niche site, you should have some basic knowledge of the Topic you are wanting to discuss, or at least a desire to learn it.
What may or may not be completely obvious, you will need to write, or at least pay someone to do it for you.
Probably the most difficult part of this is Setting up and maintaining a website. And I do NOT mean one of the “free” blogging services. If you want a real Blog, Check out Becorath. He set this site up.
You need to be someone people will enjoy following (this has always been my problem) You have to be exciting and pleasant. Not a boring wise ass, like me.
How to Monetize
Monetizing a Niche site is pretty straight forward. There are 3 main ways to make money online from a niche website. You can Sell something, promote something, or sell ads.
- Sell Something – Sell some form of good from your website. Typically something you create.
- Physical Products like jewelry, apparel, art, or some other functional gadget can be sold and shipped all from you own website. You can even accept Credit Cards or other forms of payment.
- Digital Products are the easiest to manage and are a much more passive tactic. A digital product is something you create once and sell over and over again. Things like eBooks, Courses, printables, software, and more are the most popular types.
- Promote Something – You can promote products and services through affiliate marketing. This works like commissioned sales. You promote and sell a product and the vendor gives you a share. Typically 1-50% depending on product.
- Display Ads – This is absolutely the MOST passive method to earn from a niche site. You basically throw an ad on a page and let it go. It gets more technical when you start testing ad types, sizes, and placement.
Selling adn promoting have the potential to earn higher revenue than Ads, but it all depends on your niche and how willing your customers are to spend money.
- Affiliate Sales
- Sell Stuff (Digital)
- Sell Stuff (Physical)
- Sell Services
Want to Hire an Expert?
If you think this is what you want to try, send me a message. I offer expert coaching, guidance, and even offer a variety of Services to help you succeed.
This Tactic NOT For You?
If this just doesn’t seem your thing, check out some other Tycoon Tactics.
The Amazon Associates Affiliate program is a great way to get started in affiliate marketing. The process for promoting Amazon products and earning revenue from it is an easy one. Amazon, as one of the largest online stores in the world, will have something that...
A Membership site is a great opportunity to share knowledge, network with people, and create a sustainable business. But, What is a membership site, you may ask. A membership site is website that has valuable, exclusive content only available to subscribing members. The members must sign up, and preferably pay some form of subscription fee to access the content.
A Membership site usually has some sort of platform for members to interact with each other. This can take the form of an internal social networking site similar to twitter, reddit, or others, it it can be a simple community forum.
A Great way to think about a Membershp Site is that it is an extension of an Authority or Niche site. The conten is so valuable and the community is so awesome that people will pay to be a part of it.
A Niche Website is a small website focused on one particular topic which shares information relevant to the chosen topic. It is important that the information be both useful and interesting to your readers. A niche website can be either a few pages or even up to hundreds of pages, depending upon the size of the niche.